Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thing #6

Thing #6 was to choose from one of the following web 2.0 award nominees. There were several in the top 100 that I knew, but I decided to use one that I had not heard of before. The one I chose was yelp.com, the link  is http://www.yelp.com/nashville I was fascinated by this site, because I travel to Nashville, TN often. However, this site lists all the states and their major cities with attractions that visitors may want to explore. It is nice to see what attractions there are in this city. This site can be browsed by specific categories like restaurants, education, shopping, hotels, and etc. There are also reviews listed for the different places. This allows me to see previous visitors ratings on how they enjoyed or disliked the attractions of their choice. I could see myself using this site's applications in school to plan a field trip for my students like to the zoo or museum.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds like a great easy way to find things to do in cities all across the US. I travel a good amount and it would be great to be able to go to a website like that and find out all the things to do in the city I am going to. Will for sure use this site.

    ReplyDelete