Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thing #5

I read the article entitled Web 2.0: A Guide for Educators. This article was informative letting me know exactly what was meant by "web 2.0" and it also mentions that the most participants on this are kids/teenagers. They use the web for everything from school-related work to their personal lives. This site also encourages educators to be more active with it, because it is becoming a trend in our century. Eventually, I believe it will take over the classroom. There is nothing that cannot be find on the web and this technology is so convienient to everyone that it is important to teachers or future teachers to understand web 2.0. This is actually a great way to encourage students to learn by putting it with something they already love which is technology. So, educators and schools in the future need to be aware of the world of web 2.0, because it will definitely become more used in the classroom to enhance students development and learning abilities. The other article that I enjoyed was Teachers 2.0. This article was loaded with helpful blogs and resources that could be useful to me when I become a teacher. When I hear the term "school 2.0," I think about the next generation of learners and how future educators like myself will use this tool to enhance our teaching skills and encourage our students to interact with their education on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment