Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thing #1

This blog is about the 7 1/2 habits to become a successful lifelong learner. These are the 7 1/2 habits:
1. Begin with the end in mind (setting goals)
2. Accept responsibility for your own learning (no one knows you better than yourself)
3. View problems as challenges (obstacles that must be tackled)
4. Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner (believe in yourself to do anything!)
5. Create your own learning toolbox (things that may help you learn)
6. Use technology to your advantage (technology is used a lot these days)
7. Teach/mentor others (teaching others help you learn more!)
7 1/2. PLAY (enjoying things helps to learn and develop)

As I followed this tutorial, it made me open my eyes on the type of learner that I am. If I had to choose the hardest habit that I need improvement in, it would be #7 1/2. I say this, because sometimes when I am learning I am concentrating so much on the work that I forget how to enjoy myself doing it. This habit is important to practice so, the learning experience does not get boring. The habit that is easiest for me is #5, because I keep a toolbox of everything a learn for a purpose. These are things I can refer back to if needed to confirm information or teach others. It is important to exhibit each of these habits to become a lifelong learner, because there is no age to learn meaning that it is never too early or too late to learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment